Spondylitis, bowel and bladder problems. Suggested lyrica, operation for nerve pain. Heart by-pass history. Advise?

I have been prescribed Lyrica 75mg caps for Spondlytis at the age of 83 years 1 twice a day. I have had Heart By-passes, but am experiencing considerable stomach, bladder and bowel problems which have existed for some time. It has been recommended I have an operation to correct the daily nerve pain. My husband has Dementia and I feel an operation of this kind would only cause considerable problems for both of us at home. I need to be on my feet to handle daily needs for him, without occasionally bringing in a carer? Any great side affects with Lyrica?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013