Splotchy upper lip. Tried lip balms. Have tingling, burning sensation. What could it be?

My upper lip became oddly splotchy and seems to be really dry and darker than usual. It feels numb and when I run my tongue or finger over it, it feels spotty. It s been like this for a week now, and I ve tried a few lip balms but it doesn t seem to do anything. Peeling at the dry bits causes some tingling/slight burning sensation. Read some other answers below and I did suspect some mild allergy although I m not sure what it could be and whether an allergy could last more than a week as this has
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for choosing H.C.M.Forum.
You have got a rough upper lip, splotchy, dark,spotty, With tingling and burning sensation.
It appears to be a fungal infection, Or as you suspect it may be an allergy to some cosmetics, or drugs. If the allergy causing things are not stopped the allergy can continue, and may lead to infection.
I advise you to consult a dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.