Split on the tissue covering the vaginal entrance, sore and inflamed vagina with sharp acidic smell, slight irritation. Help?

I felt something rip when having intercourse in the bath, and ignored it thinking it would go away. For the month following sex was very painful but only at the vaginal opening and about an inch in. Upon investigation a month later, after another menstrual cycle; it looks as if a small split has happened on the tissue covering the vaginal entrance; possibly my labia minora but it is the tissue flaps right under it, and now my vagina is inflamed and sore. It also has a sharp acidic smell to it now, slight irritation.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013