Split lips, swollen, bumps red and swollen, fever

My 2year old daughter started out with a split on her lip and now her bottom lip is swolen with pus coming out and little bumps her gums her now red and swo len. She also had a, fever please help she is In pain
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
viral fever with infections
use small short course of antibiotic
wih antipyretic for fever
apply antibiotic ointmen on aggected area
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that your daughter has got cellulitis and needs urgent medical attention.

She should be clinically examined and investigated.
Following investigations can be helpful :-
1. Complete Blood Count(CBC).
2. Culture and Sensitivity of pus.

Fever and pain is due to the infection.

Antibiotic can be started according to the reports of the culture and sensitivity of the pus.

For fever, paracetamol can be given. Any medicine should be given under medical supervision and only after getting her clinically examined.

I hope this is helpful to you.