Spinal pain, black spots on back. History of back injury. What is this?

Hi, I have a lot of pain in my upper spine . I noticed that I have black and purple spots on my upper back and lower back. It is very painful and sometimes I can not bare the pain. I m 49 years old and I have a history of falling on my back. When I first noticed the purple/blackish mark there was only one of them, but now that same spot has grown bigger and in different places. I need to know what this is. Please get back to me as soon as you can, I d appreciate it.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013