Spinal injuries to c6-7 c7-8 and to L1,L2 and L3. 25yr old pain re occurring. Any advice.

my name is martin nash i am 45 years old when i was 20 i had a accident at work and as a result left me with spinal injuries to c6-7 c7-8 and to L1,L2 and L3 i was one of the lucky ones that was able to walk out of hospital.To cut a long story short i have suffered ever since with lots of different things the most common one being pain in my neck which stiffens up and causes pain in my arms and shoulders the pain in my neck is there all the time the only thing i have found that eases it is lying down.Notice i said eases it as im never pain free my own GP as told me on a several visits to him its a old injury live with it which i find unaceptable.I also have been getting the same sort of pain in my lower back for about 18 years now which result in numbness in the out sides of my upper legs and pain in my lower legs which feel like the pain is deep in my bones and it can last for days at a time,Hope you can help or at least put my mind at ease thanks Martin.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013