Spinal fusion, long term sciatic and femoral nerve pain, cramps in calf muscles, treatment

I had three lower lumber discs fused last August due to long term sciatic and femoral nerve pain . I going through phases where taking 50mg tramadol morning and night, together with 2 panamax morning and evening are not controlling severe irritable legs/cramps in both legs that start about 1am every morning. Last night I was not able to get to sleep at all until after 4am. When I apply pressure I get a very sharp pain deep behind the calf muscles - mainly on the inner sides of the muscles. I have been taking magnesium , which seemed to help and have just started taking iron because I read that may help. I have tried hot water bottles with limited success. Can you suggest a medication, physical therapy, acupuncture or natural medicine regime I can use so I can sleep properly
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012