Spinal cord problem, got severe pain after bus traveling. Cure and pain relief?

Dear Dr. I am from Tuticorin, India I had a problem in my spinal card location starts from L2 to S5 for a long period more than 4 years and now I met a sudden hits while traveling in bus its being very hard pain from yesterday onwards with noise on the located area while moving down & up. Please advise to cure it and relieve from the affected pains in my spinal card. Thanks with best Regards Mumtaj, Tuticorin
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012

I have studied your case.

Reason for aggravation of your chronic back pain could be postural problem.

When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x ray spine or if required MRI to see for any nerve compression.
Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- Spine extension exercises, Lying on your stomach flat lift leg 6 inches from ground, do it for other leg.
Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay
Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help.

You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

Some life style modifications to prevent pain– Take break every 40 min from computer and do some lumbar rotation, stretches, walk and get back to work. Sit with taking support to your back, and do not watch television constantly.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.