Spinal cord injury with traumatic paraplegia. Have UTI, Constipation. Reason?

I m 25 yrs old Spinal cord injury patient with traumatic paraplegia . I pass urine by Clean Intermittent Catheter bcoz of which recently i suffered Urine tract Infection. My culture & sensitivity test reported infect.due to bacteria Escherichia coli . hence my doc urologist advised me to take caps NIFTRAN 100 mg, one per day for TWO MONTHS. Since the course i m experiencing its side effects such as constipation, hard stools & shoulder nerve pain. i just want to know will it have its effect on kidneys???
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012