Spinal MRI showing soft tissue mass in the spinal column and compression. Pain in the back along dermatome. Not sure of metastasis. Biopsy scheduled. What is the prognosis?

My uncle is 48 years old... his spinal MRI shows a soft tissue mass in the spinal column d8,d9,d10 segments ... which is compressing d9 segment of the spinal cord .... pain in the back bilaterally along the dermatome is present they arent sure if it is a metastasis because inspite of complete abdominal MRI being performed, no primary tumour has been found... Also a his left leg has lost ol sensations and motor functions.... a biopsy is pending... in your opinion is it a metastasis... if so what is the prognosis .... please give me an honest answer, so we can be prepared for the worst...
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  22 Awaiting Answer