Spina bifida, itching in lower back, severe in winters. What can this be?

Hello, I am a 28 year old woman with spina bifida . For the last 2 years, I have been experiencing a weird itch/Tingle in the lower part of my back, right where I have had my surgery. The itch is internal and doesn t subside with scratching . It is more severe during winters. there are days when it is so bad that I can t sleep, while sometimes there are months when I don t feel any such problems. What this can be? What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012