Hello and welcome to HCM,
The semen analysis
of your husband is as follows:
1. Volume" The normal volume of semen should be should be atleast 2 ml/ ejaculate. The low volume could be due to sampling error.
2. Viscosity: Normally the semen should liquefy after 40-60 min. An increase in viscosity is not a feature of normal ejaculate
3. Color and pH of the semen are normal
4. Sperm count
5, Motility of sperms is good i.e. 80%. At least 50% of the sperms should be actively motile
6. Morphology: Only 2% sperms have abnormal morphology
7. Presence of 8-10 pus cells/ hpf and epithelial cells
signifies infection. This could be a reason for increased viscosity
The infection needs to be treated with antibiotics.
The semen analysis of your husband indicates that he is capable of bearing children.
Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal