Spells of hot flashes, leg pain, loss of appetite post back surgery. Normal?

My mom is ~2 weeks postop from back surgery. She was doing fine until about Wednesday. Today I took her in the car and we went for small walks. She has a decrease in appetite this week. She started Lidoderm patch today. She just felt hot and laid down in a cooler room. She is not an optimist about her surgery because she always worries what if it will not help. She still has leg pain (sciatica) after the surgery, but it has only been 2 weeks. Is the feeling hot ok? Should I be worried about the decrease in appetite this week?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013