Sound of tendon or muscle popping out of left thigh above knee while stretching, weird sound when leg is bent. No pain. Ideas?

So taday i decided to work on my left splits. I'm in cheer so im fairly flexibl. While i was stretching i decided to go even further because it wasn't hurting. As i kept pushing i heard this sound and i guess a tendon or muscle popped out of the side of my left thigh, just above the knee on the outermost side. It doesn't hurt but i noticed it makes a weird sound when i bend my leg back. Do you know what's happened?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Nov 2013