Sound of heart palpitations in ear, taken Ibuprofen, swollen and red eye

Is there a cure for sounds of heart pulpitations in ear. I ve had this since june 2012. It started when I was at a family outing and the wind was very strong and I was facing towards the wind. We were outside for appx. 1 hour or more. When I went inside the house, my family asked what was wrong with me... they gave me ibroprofen, my eye were probably swollen due or red due to the wind. I really appreciate a positive respond, because I haven t be able to sleep since June.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, you are having a type of tinnitus in ear and usual cause can be a problem with the neural part of the ear. In your case your description does not fit typically in to that but a viral infection post cold exposure can be a possibility. The other cause can be an edema of middle ear mucosa and this can be due to cold. Edematous mucosa has increased vascularity and this can lead to pulsatile sensation. Please take a course of antibiotics, with nasal decongestants, anti inflammatory and oral decongestants and things should be fine. In case does not improve, consult an ENT. Regards