Sound in my knees.

Hi,I have a problem for about 4 years,and that is when I sit down,I have a bad sound in my knees,like "TEGH!"Can you help me?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Oct 2009
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
sum time due to changes in Q -ANGLE these sounds r cuming.
no need to be worry , start exercise under the guidance of physiotherapist,
definitely ur problem will solve out
tk cr
Hi Minakshi,
As stated above, you need to be more specific about your problem. Did this happen following any trauma? Did you have any swelling or pain around your knee following that trauma? If so, it could very likely be a meniscal tear or an osteochondral fracture (fracture of bone along with cartilage from the knee joint) If there hasn't been any trauma it could also arise due to any tendon snapping behind your knee.
You need to visit an Orthopaedician for detailed evaluation.
We feel that the information is very little to advice you on. We provide you the General information here. If you happen to be in the elderly age group beyond 40 years there is something called Osteoarthritis that could happen in you which is the chronic wear and tear that is ocuring and due to it there can be the sound that you have described. Since it is an age related change there is nothing much that can be done except take Analgesics to relieve the pain, and if you find difficulty in performing your routine activities then it will need Knee replacement Surgeries. If you are injured it could be a ligament injury please see the doctor immediately to prevent the co morbidity in future. If you are a person involved in repetitive stress like Occupation, Athletes, Clergyman etc it could be a Stress Fracture. Exercises and medical attention are required.