Sores on the face and bum crack, cold sores on the lips, had cold lip sores as a child, have been with a single partner, swab test showed herpes. Should I re-test?

Hello, I am a 50 year old woman who has had lip cold sores since being a young child.....last week I developed 4 sores on my face and a cold sore on my lip then went to have a sore spot checked at the top of my bum crack...the Dr. took a swab...test results today were.....that I have herpes #2!!!!!II was told I have probably had it for years. I am stunned. I have never had a cold sore anywhere else on my body in my life. I don t understand how I can just suddenly have it them on other parts of my body. I have never been promiscuous and with the same person for years...he has never had a cold sore. Please shed some light on this for me...should I get another test done?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012