Sores on lower leg. Punch biopsy showed herpes. No history of genital herpes, STDs. Causes?

I ve had a sore on my lower leg for about 2 months that would not heal, so my doctor did a punch biopsy and I was shocked to find out it was herpes. I have never had an STD and have never had cold sores or genital herpes . I have only been with one partner my whole life who has never had herpes either. Why would this suddenly show up on my lower leg? I had chicken pox 50 yrs. ago, but I just don t understand this one... Can you tell me how I might have gotten it and how to best treat it? Should I keep the sore covered until it dries up? Is there a topical ointment that wil speed the healing process? After two months I would think it would be going away...
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012