Sores in the mouth, loss of appetite, enervation, high fever. No improvement with medicines. Treatment suggestion?

A friend has been sick for over two weeks. She has sores in her mouth (on her tongue - that has more than double in size), high fever, loss of weight (10 pounds), loss of appetite , loss of energy and I m sure dehydrated. She has been to urgent care, the ER and her own physician - all have given her antibiotics , but none have helped. The last antibiotic she was on made everything taste putrid and she stopped taking them. The only thing she has responded to at all was Prednisone (sp?) given at the ER, but she wasn t given any refills for it. The only thing she has been tested for, that I m aware of, is strep which came back negative. Any ideas on what she should do now or who she should see? She has been in bed, unable to work for over two weeks.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012