Sores in mouth and throat, tiredness. Blood test normal. How can I speed up healing?

I m 26 years old and I ve been ill for 3 1/2 years now, it started when I was travelling in Indonesia (i ve been to the tropical diseases clinic in London and they couldn t find anything), the main symptoms are sores/ulcers in my mouth and my throat and a general feeling of tiredness which can of feels like it originates in my head and ranges from feeling pretty much ok to feeling absolutely dreadful. This makes maintaining any kind of effective working an social life difficult. The tiredness is generally worse when I have the sores/ulcers although am not sure if this is cause or effect. It does feel broadly worse when i m tired but this is by no means a predictable rule. I ve had countless blood tests and noone has found anything, I eventually got referred to a chronic fatigue specialist who ruled out chronic fatigue but hypothesised it could be a lingering virus that is taking time to heal but will eventually clear up. I guess I have as a rule been getting gradually better. Anyway what i d like to ask is does the long lasting virus theory sound likely,if so is there anything I can do to speed up the healing and if not are there any alternative explanations? No doctors seem particularly interested as there seems no obvious explanation but this has had a massive impact upon my life for nearly 4 years.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013