Soreness on shoulder muscle post a pull, difficulty in moving arm, using sling. Will it recover?

I pulled my shoulder muscle while holding onto the ladder as I was falling and I felt the pull. My shoulder/ arm did not hurt as I was able to finish painting the wall. I iced it after my arm/shouler started to hurt which was after 3-4 hours. I feel soreness as I am touching my arm/shoulder muscle. Now I have my arm in a sling as I am unable to raise or move my arm. I am not sure yet, if I should go see the Doctor. I figure if I rest, keep ice on it and take an anti-inflamatory pill , the arm muscle will recover.Gisele
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013