Soreness on bending a week post hit on knee, warm and itchy below knee cap, eases on icing. Chondral defect?

I came down on my knee hard during a soccer game, and 9 days later it is still sore when I bend down. It was swollen and a local orthopedic doctor s visit found it was some blood that dispersed from under the knee cap. The area inside my knee cap feels warm and itchy. I ve been periodically icing it and it feels somewhat better afterwards. The reason for my inquiry is to see if there is anything I should look into now as I ve read there are some knee injuries that should be diagnosed quickly to avoid further problems. The xrays showed no problems. Is Osteochondritis dissecans or a Chondral defect something that the orthopedic doctor might have missed? Thanks, Peter (48 yrs old, very active)
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012