Soreness, numbness and tightness in the stomach after doing exercise. Overweight. Chances of any damage?

I did a few stomach crunches and yoga and now I am sore and hurting on the left side and it extends down to the front of my thigh and the waist buttocks. I feel a tight knot below the stomach and an inflammation (swelling) and numbness in the region
I am 5'11", 44 yrs old and 220 pounds and this happened about a week ago. I try to continue my routine (5 mile hike yesterday) not sure if I am causing more damage or if I should do something else.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013