Soreness in vagina, discomfort in penis with rashes. What is the cause? STI?

Hello, I am contacting you regarding a problem I have been experiencing in my vaginal area. I am very sore on the outside of my vagina, I have been checked and do not have any STI's and have only been with one partner. When we last had sexual intercourse he got a rash on his penis, which caused him discomfort but after a day went, I feel this may have been linked to me?
I do not have time to visit a doctor as am working all next week and have just come back to university where I am not registered with a doctor. Is there anything I could buy from a chemist to help?
Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013