Soreness in the shin after being hit. No discoloration. Need to go to doctor?

Hi, I hit my shin pretty hard and I m wondering if I should see a doctor. After the hit I immediately felt pain and literally watched it swell up. I have place a cold cloth over it to keep the swelling down and did notice a difference. When I touch directly on the area there is soreness but nothing major and there is no pain or soreness when I.touch around the area. There was no discoloration of the area either. Everything seems to be ok but I just want to make sure.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012