Soreness in knee, popping sensation, painful, bruised. What is going on?

I bent my left knee too far in a motorcycle lay down, sort of had my foot go behind me to my left, almost sat on it. As it bent back too far it popped.
Now I can walk on it ok and can even do stairs but to lift my foot or toe upward or in a circle very painful.
Sore and swelling across the top front of knee above cap, bruise on inner side above cap and tender in the mcl area which is what my doc thinks(torn mcl) but I'm concerned about the soreness inside when I lift it.
Don't have money for MRI but may have too..can I just wait a few (been 3days) more days to see if it heals??
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013