Soreness in balls of feet, hand swelling, BP 144/95, heart racing

Recently, the last 3 days, I have had a tightness/soreness in the balls of my feet along with my big toe . Friday night I awoke to this same tightness and also mild swelling in my hands, specicifally the ring finger and pinky. It was to the point that I made my fingers raw trying to get my rings off but eventually they came off. I took my blood pressure and pulse and the pulse was normal but BP was 144/95 (Friday night). Saturday morning my BP was 141/89. Saturday night 126/95. Saturday night I also experienced a spell were my heart started to race for what seemed like too long but I would say it lasted about 2 minutes (I was awoken by it). I was told my a doc Saturday that it could be a virus and she would wait until Monday to decide if an MRI was needed but she wouldn t be surprised if shingles showed up either. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012