Soreness in back and rib area, shakes in body, nausea, vomiting and mild diarrhea. Any ideas ?

my mother in law is 81. she was in a car accident 3 days ago. she has had soreness in her back and rib area. she thought maybe she had swelling around her lower rib area in front but she says that went down. she did not go to the ER after the accident. she felt fine for the most part. suddenly this morning she had to get out of bed because she was uncomfortable then right after breakfast she started shaking uncontrollably. hands, arms, head. She thought she was chilled. Nausea , vomiting and mild diarrhea . do you think that her muscle spasms are pressing on nerves etc. what do you think. no other symptoms that she is aware of.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012