Soreness in anus, severe pain on wiping, occasional bleeding. What could it be?

Hi my anus has been sore for about a month now. I thought it was a cut that got infected so I put neosporin on it to see if that would help it heal but I think it made it worst. I then thought it might be a hemroid and used cream on it but that also didn t seen to help. I have noticed it s been really painful to wipe and sometimes bleeds . I don t know what it is or what else to try? What could it be? When I call doctor what should I say? And how would they treat that? I m kinda embarrassed to ask.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013