Soreness from neck to ear, headache. Caused due to missing medication?

I was told by my doctor a few weeks ago I had a staph or baterical infection in my throat and fluid in ears. I was prescribed Cipro but that gave me bad headaches so had to go off and was given SMZ/TMP DS which seemed to work until I left my medicine at work over the weekend and had to skip two days. I started up again Monday morning and now I am experiencing if I touch the left side of my neck from my shoulders up to my ear it is VERY sore and my ears feel weird and I keep getting headaches. Did me missing two days of my medicine mess things up possibly and brought this pain on? Possibly I am immune to antibiotics now? I just can t take this pumping myself with meds and I m still feeling horrible. I m thinking I need to make an appointment with an ENT doctor again. I recently moved so I need to find a new one...Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012