Soreness around the breast, difficulty in breathing. Had a pop around the breast after shifting heavy objects. How can be done for recovery?

a week ago I was moving furniture in my bedroom and pushed with my body right under my left arm , close to the side of my breast and I heard something pop. I can breath okay but the muscles all around and under my left breast hurt really bad & I really can t afford to go to the doctor to see what I did to myself and if it is something that will just be sore for awhile I don t want to put out $100 just to have them tell me that I will be sore for awhile and to just take it easy
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think either you have fractured your ribs or there is soft tissue trauma. I would advice you following.
1.Tablet ultracet twice daily
2.Diclofenac gel local application
3. Avoid lying on affected side.
pain will be there for one month .