Soreness and stiffness in shoulders and upper arms. Had dermoid cyst removed. What can I do?

Hi I had a dermoid cyst and a cyst removed from both ovaries the right ovary was completely removed together with tubes . This was on the 6th September all was well however I was readmitted 5 days after with severe dehyration, I was drinking 2 litres a day following and leading up to my operation. I was put on fluids overnight and increased water intake to 4 litres as again following 2nd admittance was dehydrated and unable to go the the number 2. When I hit 3 litres everything was fine so I have been keeping to 2-3 litres a day ever since. I walk about 6-14 miles a day so I am quite fit and also very healty with my food, I am 46. Before surgery I was spinning for 1 hour 3/4 times a day and also playing golf 2/3 times a week. The problem Im getting is very sore and stiff shoulders and upper arms. If I try to put my hands/arms behind my back, or try to put a top on, or a dressing gown I flinch with pain. Prior to this I was extremely flexible as I used to do gymnastics, I feel very, very stiff around the shoulders and upper arms all the time. When I sleep I feel stiff and also a throbbing pain down my lower back and through my bottom to the top of my legs, the lower back pain is more apparent on the right side where they took the cyst right out. Since the operation I have not had a period, whereas normally I am very regular. Can you help here at all or suggest what I can do. Many thanks Mary Hodges
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012