Sore throat, yellow tonsils, swallowing difficulty. Pea sized lump near tonsil. What could it be?

hello, well I have had a severe sore throat now for about a week. I have yellow tonsils and one is extemrely larger than the other, coming across half way of my throat. I am finding it very difficult to swallow and have not been able to eat or drink due to the pain. I feel very achey with this and having bursts of cold and hot through me. I have been prescirbed antiobiotics, Penicilin VK, and have been taking them for 3-4 days now with no improvement. I have recently noticed a pea sized fleshy painful lump infront of my tonsil and slightly hides in the tonsil pocket. Do you have any idea on what this could be? I am visiting my GP tomorow in hope they refer me to a ENT doctor. Thankyou.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012