Sore throat, yellow substance on the roof of the mouth. No cold. Strep throat?

Hi, I woke up yesterday morning with soreness in my throat. It went on all day and as of now it is still hurting . I took a flashlight and looked at the back of my mouth and I have a yellow tint on the roof of my mouth with tiny little redish black dots on my mouth. It also hurts when I yawn but not when eating. My lymph nodes were hurting earlier but not anymore. I also don t have a cold . What do I have? Could it be strep throat ? Help please
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013