Sore throat with redness, fever, white patches on the tonsils. Viral or bacterial infection? Contagious?

I ve had a very sore throat and a slight for 3 days without a fever . I noticed this morning the back of my throat is red, the area where each of my tonsils used to be are red with white areas above them and outward. The roof of my mouth has 2 large yellowish spots; 1 on each side. Today I was able to get yellow mucus out of the back of my sinuses. Is this a virus or bacteria? Am I contagious? Do I need antibiotics? Do I need to see a doctor? Please help! Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013