Sore throat with pain and fatigue. Strep test negative, took Flonase, Tylelnol, no help. Acute tonsillitis. What's going on ?

Hello! I got sick the morning of New Year s Eve with a sharp, deep sore throat. I went to the doctor after a couple days of worsening pain and fatigue as well as a cough. I tested negative for strep . I was told to take Flonase to clear congestion, alternate between ibuprofen and Tylenol , and gargle with a specially mixed numbing mouthwash that numbed my whole mouth but barely touched the pain deep in my throat. Two days later, I woke up with bloodshot, oozing eyes. I went to the doctor immediately and was prescribed eye drops for pink eye and was told I also had acute bronchitis (which I ve had before) and a sinus infection . I was prescribed a z-pak antiobiotic, and my sore throat and cough finally started to subside after about four or five days. A couple days after losing my incessant cough, my throat started hurting again, though the pain wasn t as deep in my throat. I found white spots on my right tonsil and had a severely plugged ear on that side the next day (though it had always been slightly plugged since I first visited the doctor.) I made a third visit to the doctor. I tested negative for mono (which I ve never had.) I was diagnosed with acute tonsillitis and was prescribed amoxicillin to kill the bacteria and steroids for six days to reduce swelling and help my ear, which finally feels normal again. I just finished my last amoxicillin pill two mornings ago, and ever since yesterday morning, I have noticed a worsening sore throat. It was faint yesterday, worse this morning, better with ibuprofen during the day today, and much worse tonight. I don t particularly feel sick other than this. I don t have diarrhea or any other noticeable post-antiobiotic symptoms other than some fatigue that might be due to being busy at school again... What is going on? I was feeling great in every way till my last pill wore off yesterday morning. Should I see the doctor, or is this just common after taking antibiotics? I am confused and frustrated. Any advice is helpful... Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013