Sore throat, white tongue with red patch. Frequent urinary infections in the past. Taking tylenol with codiene

HI I have had a sore throat for the past 48 hours. My insurance ran out so I am waiting it out. It is less sore today, but I now have a white tongue with one red patch. I have been sore all over and suspected a kidney infection since I have had two bladder infections in the past few weeks. Not sure what to think now. By the way, I have no fever, oddly enough. Soreness I typically expeerience from cervical disc disease is more painful. This feels more flue-like so it is probably a separate issue making walking uncomfortable, though tylenol with codiene did seem to help both issues, including sore throat.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012