Sore throat, white spots on the tonsils. On amoxicillin, zithromiacin. Why not responding to medications?

Hi. I had a very sore throat for about a week. I went to the Dr. He said it was tonsilitis. I was put on 2 weeks amoxicillin . My tonsils had white spots on them. I took the medicine and my soreness and spots went away for a few days. The next week my throat was sore again and a white spot came back. I went back to the Dr. He said it could be strep throat and gave me a stronger antibiotic-Z pak Zithromiacin. I am in 4 days of the medicine, and a white spot is still on the back of my throat. Why am I not seeming to react to the antibiotics? I am baffled.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012