Sore throat, white spot on the middle of roof since onset of denture. Advice?

I just got top denture for the first time 4 days ago & 2 days ago I started with a sore thorat and today I see a white spot in the middle of the roof of my mouth right at the back edge of the denture, I would think if it were sore from the denture it would be red or could this white (small about 1/8 x 1/4 ) spot be from the new denture, otherwise they seem to fit really good.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Dentist 's  Response
hello,

the white spot may be due to denture irritation.
this can be due to low quality of denture/irregular borders/ill-fitting denture.

apply mucopain gel on the affected site.

get your denture borders smoothened to remove the irregularities.

visit your dentist as prolonged use of such denture can cause denture hyperplasia.

regards
dr.bindiya
Dentist Dr. Deepika Attresh's  Response
hello & welcome
type of spot you are talking about may be a case of mucosal blenching, in upper dentures usually a mid-line relief is given & lack of that may cause blenching.
in long term cases this may cause ulceration or burning sensation.
stop wearing denture for 1-2 days and notice whether white spot is fading or not, if yes than visit to your dentist for further assistance.
Rest take care of hygiene of your oral cavity as well as denture.
thanks & take care

Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
Hello and welcome,
White spots at back edge of the denture shows irritation of the oral tissues caused due to sharp denture border or any sharp high points seen at the back surface of the denture . tissue irritation often ends up in forming an ulcer. you need to visit your dentist and get the denture high points removed, sharp border of the denture can be rounded off. Tight fitting denture also leads to tissue destruction or necrosis. upper denture needs to be relieved at specific areas, check for your denture relief points if needed. i hope i answerd your query. take care.

Dentist Dr. Deepthi Reddy's  Response
Thank you for the query.
White or red spot may be because of formation of ulcer . Usually new dentures though they fit properly may sometimes lead to formation of ulcers due to irritation on the mucosa or over extension or sharp or irregular margins in the posterior i.e. back side of the denture. Nothing much to worry you can use mucopain or dentogel if you have pain in that area along with mutlivitamin for a week . Hope this will help you .

Dentist Dr. Inderpreet Singh's  Response
this white spot has come only after you started wearing the upper denture and has been caused due to thin edge of the back edge of the denture or possibly some sharp point in the denture that needs to be rounded .
so go to your dentist and he will do selective grinding of the denture and remove any occlusasl disharmony too.
meanwhile apply hexigel or mucopain over the spot
thanks
thanks