Sore throat when yawning or swallowing, causes difficulty in sleeping, on turning the head, on omeprazole. What could be wrong?

Hi, the last few days I have woke up with my left side of throat being sore.. Especially when yawning or swallowing . It even wakes me up when I m sleeping due to the pain. Also if I turn my head left its sore but to the right it s ok.. The only antibiotic I am on is omeprazole as my doctor thinks I have to much acid in my stomach, which I ve been taking for 2 1/2 weeks now.. What could be wrong with me?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012