Sore throat, weird feeling and pain on tongue with white coating, history of ear infection. Cause?

I ve had a very sore throat (i have white splotches on my tonsils) for 3 days now. Today I woke up & my tongue kinda felt weird, like it s raw where my molars touch it & I ve had a white coating or film on my tongue all day. I brushed it off with my toothbrush but it didn t help. My whole tongue just hurts. If a piece of food or liquid touch it, it burns. I m totally confused. Don t know if this has anything to do with it, but 2 wks ago I came back from a wk long cruise in the Bahamas, & I think I got an ear infection . I can feel/hear fluid in it & if I press behind my ear, it feels like I m being stabbed way down deep. My balance has been off for a couple days too.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012