Sore throat, trouble swallowing, swollen goitre, ankles, legs, red speckles on feet. On thyroid, BP, anti-depressant medication. Causes for swelling?

I have had a sore throat for over a week, have trouble swallowing & my goiter feels big & is sore when touched. I have been to my Dr. for strep throat . She took a rapid strep test, it was negative. She also did a throat culture but I haven`t heard any results from that. I went to Dr. April 4th. I`m really concerned about it. Also, I have gotten swollen ankles & legs & red speckles on my feet, ankles & my lower legs. This has happened since I`ve been to Dr. I`m on thyroid med., high blood pressure meds & an anti- depressant & over-active bladder med. The swelling really worries me too. Can you help?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012