Sore throat, swollen trachea, pain on breathing, have dry cough, burning in throat, diagnosed to be tracheitis. Right?

I went to an Express Care facility with a sore throat and swollen trachea that is painful to the touch and also when I breathe swallow or talk too much. I also have a dry cough and burning sensation in my throat. The doctor felt my neck and looked at my throat and told me that I have tracheatis. He gave me an antibiotic and sent me on my way. Can that infection be diagnosed that quickly? How do I know if that s what it is??
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013