Sore throat, swollen, solid food causing burning in throat. Father had throat cancer. Consulting ENT, what should be asked?

My brother has had a sore throat, swolllen glands in the neck, has to eat soft food because most solid foods burn his throat, he has lost 16 pounds in last 1 1/2 months. This has been affecting him for 7 weeks. Has seen the doctor twice for this. Doctor looked at his mouth and throat but didn't see anything that would cause the problem. The doctor has not taken a urine test or any blood work. At my brothers first visit, he asked the Doctor if it could be throat cancer (our Father had throat cancer). The Doctor told him no. He put my brother on antibiotics, just yesterday a different kind. We are very concerned becasue he has lost 4 pounds in the weeek or so, can't eat, hurst so bad to swollow. Has an appt. with an ENT but it is in two weeks. What should we be sure to ask this ENT doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013