Sore throat, swollen glands, blood traces in spit, enlarged circumvallate papillae with bleeding. Habit of brushing the tongue hardly. Signs of oral cancer?

I have been brushing my tongue for a while now and lately I had been brushing much harder on my tongue than normal and with whitening toothpaste. One morning last week after brushing it the night before, I woke up with a sore tongue at the front and at the back, I brushed it again and when I spit into the sink there was streaks of bloods. Ever since then I have been spitting out blood in the morning and have recently gotten a sore throat and swollen glands. I looked at my tongue in the mirror and noticed that my circumvallate papalae are slightly enlarged and believe that the source of blood is coming from that region. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow but I am extremely worried that this may be something serious like oral cancer or another serious desease. I am wondering what your thoughts may be on this issue and if I should concerned as I am.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012