Sore throat, swelling felt. Prescribed amoxicylin for strep. Pain while swallowing. How to cure?

i started this sore throat issue on last sunday. Started off feeling like a fuz was in the back of my throat by monday night i was in pain and felt like my whole throat was swelling shut. I went to the doctors on tuesday morning and he started me on amoxicylin for strep . the sweling went aways but now my throat feels like pin pricks anytime I swallow and I have now contracted a cough which doesn t help with the pain.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012