Sore throat, stuffy nose, low back and severe knee pain. Is this flu or something else ?

Ive been sick 3 days. Day 1 was just a scratchy thoat. Day 2 was stuffy nose , fever (high of 101), low back pain , severe knee pain , and it felt like my throat was closing off but it wasn t sore. Day 3 is today and I have all the symptoms of day 2 but now my knees hurt so bad I want to have my legs cut off. I am used to severe pain because I have had Interstitial Cystitis since 9/2008 so I m no wimp & can take most pain. Im thinking I have the flu but have never heard of the flu focusing on only the low back and knees - I was under the impression it would affect all joints . Im trying to figure out whether I should go to a doctor or not. I fear ill spend money I don t have only to be told its a virus come back in 7 days if symptoms persist.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013