Sore throat, runny nose, dizziness. Is it common cold? Chances of wills virus?

Doctor, i am an american living in okinawa japan and im starting to have symptoms of the common cold ... runny nose , sore throat , dizziness . however, im not sure if it is the common cold or the virus that s been going around lately. i live in a house with 2 sick people, then at work there are several people around me that also have the cold. but i ve seen on the news lately about wills virus and am afraid i may have that. how can i be sure? and would it be recommended for me to stay home from work so that it wont spread? please help... thanks
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013