Sore throat, right gland on neck swollen, gargling with salt water and lem sip taken, pain persisting, Treatment?

hi, i woke up this morning with a really sore throat . my right gland at the side of my neck is very swollen. it hurts to swollow. i have gargled on salt water, drank lem sip but the pain still throbs. nhs are terrible 3 hours wait to be seen what are the best pain killers and how can i tell if its anything serious? the gland that is inflamed has a coating of white and black over the top. also coughing which is painfull. feel weezy when i cough
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012