Sore throat, racy heart after inhaling insect repellant. How to get relief?

Two days ago my husband was in our closed gargage getting ready to mow the lawn. He sprayed himself with mosquito repellant. I was facing away from him and when I turned around to speak I inhaled the cloud of insect repellant that was hanging in the air. We opened the garage door so I could get some air but my throat is still sore and I have noticed that my heart is racing from time to time.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Insect repellants do not cause sore throat.
They usually have a short duration of action hence they cannot cause the heart to race for 2 days.
You may have come down with an infection hence the sore throat.
Please consult a physician for the racing heart.
Dr Kishori.